Award Worth: $3,000 or under $3,000
Deadline: 1st March
West Virginia Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship Program is a student financial aid program designed to enable and encourage academically talented individuals to pursue careers in the fields of engineering, science and technology. Scholarships, not to exceed $3,000 per academic year, are awarded on the basis of academic qualifications and interest in the fields of engineering, science and technology. Priority is given to West Virginia residents. Awards are contingent upon annual funding of the program by the West Virginia State Legislature.
The purpose of the program is to assist West Virginians interested in obtaining a degree or certificate in engineering, science or technology and committed to the pursuit of a career in West Virginia.
To qualify for the West Virginia Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship Program, a student must meet the following basic selection criteria:
- Be a United States Citizen or resident alien.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale upon graduating from high school, or have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale after completion of two semesters of course work at an eligible institution of higher education.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an engineering, science, or technology program leading to a certificate or an associate or bachelors degree at an eligible institution of higher education.
- Agree to work full-time in an engineering, science or technology field in West Virginia for one year for each year the scholarship was received or begin an approved program of community service related to engineering, science or technology.
- Be willing to repay the scholarship received plus interest and any required collection fees if he/she fails to fulfill the work requirement.