Award Worth: Up to $6,000 (USD)
DEADLINE: Feb. 1, 2021
Who can apply: College students, undergraduate, and graduate students
To be eligible for a scholarship:
- A student does not need to be a member of the Vertical Flight Society, but we encourage you to explore the many benefits student membership can provide.
- High school students are not eligible.
- At the time of application (February 2021) applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in a relevant engineering degree program at an accredited university. Technical disciplines relevant to complex aeronautics engineering or aviation systems, even if not considered vertical lift engineering, will receive equal consideration.
- Applicants must be registered as a full-time college student for at least one academic term after the award of the VFF scholarships at the Annual Forum taking place May 11-13, 2021.
- A student can receive an award once as an Undergraduate, once as a Master’s student, and once as a Graduate student.
Eligibility for each category is as follows:
Undergraduate / Bachelor’s (BS) Degree Category
- A college student pursuing an eligible engineering undergraduate degree.
- The student will have at least one-term of university work towards the relevant Bachelor’s program, after the awarding of scholarships at the Annual Forum, May 11-13, 2021.
- Note: A senior graduating in May 2021 is eligible to apply for the MS category if they will be continuing immediately after graduation to a graduate studies program, either MS, PhD, or MS/PhD combined graduate studies program. If the senior is not accepted into a relevant graduate program by May 2021, the student is not eligible.
- Note: A senior graduating with a BS degree in May 2021 is not eligible to apply in the BS category.
Master of Science (MS) Degree Category
- A masters student pursuing an eligible MS engineering degree.
- The student will have at least one-term of university work towards their current MS program or continuing into a relevant PhD program, after the awarding of scholarships at the Annual Forum, May 11-13, 2021.
- Note: if in a combined Masters/PhD program, the student is eligible under the MS category if they have not passed qualifying exams as of the application deadline in February 2021 and do not already have an MS degree.
Doctoral (PhD) Degree Category
- A graduate student who already has an MS degree or is in a combined MS/PhD program and verification of formally meeting doctoral degree requirement such as qualifying exams.
- The student will have at least one-term remaining in their current PhD program, after the awarding of scholarships at the Annual Forum, May 11-13, 2021
|VFF Scholarship Application Process||Go to link|
|Scholarship guidelines and appliation PDF||Visit here|
|VTF Scholarship application PDF||Download here|