Dates to remember: December 1, 2020 – February 15, 2021
Sophomores through Graduate Women in Engineering
The SWE Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to those who identify as a female/woman and are studying community college, baccalaureate, or graduate programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science. In 2020, SWE awarded nearly 260 new and renewed scholarships valued at over $1,000,000
SWE provides one application for sophomores through graduate students and one application for freshmen. Applicants complete an application and are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. Applications will be available for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- Sophomores through Graduate Students Application: December 1, 2020 – February 15, 2021
Reference letters due by February 22, 2021
A few main eligibility points:
- Only candidates who identify as a female/woman.
- Undergraduate/community college applicants must be planning to study an ABET-accredited program in engineering, technology, or computing in the upcoming academic year.
- Masters and PhD candidates must be enrolled or accepted at a school with ABET-accredited programs in engineering, computing, or technology.
- You must be planning to attend full time (exceptions are made for reentry and non-traditional applicants).
- You must not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books or equivalent.
- Transcripts must be in English. See below for more details