Award Worth: $5,000
Deadline: 31 January
Awarding Organization: AIAA
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Foundation (AIAA Foundation) Neil A. Armstrong Graduate Award honors the character and achievements of the late astronaut, military pilot and educator while also providing deserving students with the financial assistance needed to complete their studies
Eligibility Requirements to Apply
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant shall be enrolled in a graduate program of
an accredited college or university within the United
States or its territories and have completed at least
one (l) academic quarter or semester of full-time
graduate level college work.
- Applicant must have a college grade point average of
not less than the equivalent of a 3.000 on a 4.000
- Applicant must be an AIAA student member in good
standing to apply and must continue their
membership during the time the award is offered
should they be selected.
- Applicant’s education plan shall be such as to provide
entry into some field of science or engineering
encompassed by the technical activities of AIAA.
- Applicant shall not have, or subsequently receive,
other awards which, when combined with the AIAA
Foundation graduate award, would provide a stipend
greater than their tuition plus educational expenses
(such as books, lab fees, room, board, etc.) estimated
by the educational institution he/she plans to attend.
- Students who receive awards are not restricted from
applying in subsequent years.