Award Worth: $7,000
Who can apply: The fellowship will apply to the pursuit of full-time studies in eligible academic programs in highway design, traffic operations, roadway safety, and transportation planning with the emphasis on highway design and traffic operations including ITS and influence of Autonomous Vehicles on highway design and traffic operations
- The fellowship will apply to the pursuit of full-time studies in eligible academic programs in highway design, traffic operations, roadway safety, and transportation planning with the emphasis on highway design and traffic operations including ITS and influence of Autonomous Vehicles on highway design and traffic operations.
- Any full-time student who is enrolled in or admitted to an above engineering graduate degree program (master or doctoral) at a qualified university may apply. Qualified universities are those with undergraduate and graduate programs accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Applicants must be a member of ASCE (Membership applications may be submitted with fellowship applications) and must be in good standing at the time of the award. Previous fellowship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
How to apply
- Application packages should be submitted to the Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE (attn: Jack E. Leisch Fellowship Committee) by April 3. All items in the application package, with the exception of the official transcript which must be mailed, may be emailed to T&DI at email@example.com. Application packages must include the following:
- Resume indicating academic experience, grade point average (undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate), graduate record exam (GRE) scores, work experience, extracurricular activities (including ASCE, ITE and other professional society student chapter memberships), and other pertinent information;
- Official transcript (please mail to address below);
- Brief (no more than 500-word) statement of academic, research, and professional interests as well as intentions beyond graduate school continuing in the fields listed in 1 above.
- List of graduate course work (completed and/or planned) in the fields listed in 1 above;
- Confidential recommendation letters from three references signed by the reference (must be submitted directly by the reference to T&DI staff, unless mailed in a sealed envelope with the rest of the application package); and
- Statement of financial need (no more than 300 words).
Go to application website page from the button below and submit the application