Award Worth: 7 total awards available. (4*£2,500, 2*£5,000, 1*£10,000 prize)
Deadline: 8 April Deadline
IET Postgraduate Research Awards are for postgraduate research students who are IET members and is Open to students from outside of the UK.
- You’ll need to have been an IET member for at least one year by the closing date for applications (Student, Member and Fellow categories can apply).
- You’ll need to have achieved a 2:1 or higher in your first degree and be registered on a PhD or EngD research programme.
- Use Naric who convert qualifications to the UK equivalent.
- You can be in any year of your PhD or EngD research programme, but you must have started it by the application deadline.
- You do not need to be a professionally registered engineer, but you must meet the educational requirements for registration as either a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer.
- You can apply for an award if you have a student loan, research grant, company bursary or similar, but you can’t be a recipient of any other IET scholarship or bursary.
- On the application form you’ll need to include details of your referee.
- The panel will consider you for all postgraduate awards where you meet the eligibility requirements.
- If you’re successful, you’ll only be able to receive one IET Postgraduate Award during your PhD research.