The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics is a professional society for the field of aerospace engineering.
Founded: January 31, 1963
Location: Reston, Virginia, United States
Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships offered by AIAA
AIAA offers a number of scholarships to which Engineering students can also apply.
|Daedalus 88 Scholarship||$10,000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|David and Catherine Thompson Space Technology Scholarship||$10,000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Vicki and George Muellner Scholarship for Aerospace Engineering||$5,000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Wernher von Braun Scholarship||$5,000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Liquid Propulsion Scholarship||$25,00||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
Digital Avionics Scholarships
|Cary Spitzer Digital Avionics Scholarship||$2000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Dr. Amy R. Pritchett Digital Avionics Scholarship||$2000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Dr. James Rankin Digital Avionics Scholarship||$2000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Ellis F. Hitt Digital Avionics Scholarship||$2000||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Space Transportation Scholarship||$1500||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Leatrice Gregory Pendray Scholarship (For female applicants only)||$1250||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
|Rocky Mountain Section Scholarship||$500||1st Oct – 31 Jan|
AIAA Graduate Scholarships Awards list
|Neil Armstrong Graduate Award||$5,000||01 October to 31 January|
|Orville and Wilbur Wright Graduate Award (x2)||$5,000||01 October to 31 January|
|Dr. Hassan A. Hassan Graduate Award in Aerospace Engineering (x2)||$5,000||01 October to 31 January|
|Luis de Florez Graduate Award||$35,00||01 October to 31 January|
|Guidance, Navigation and Control Graduate Award||$25,00||01 October to 31 January|
|John Leland Atwood Graduate Award||$1,250||01 October to 31 January|
|Martin Summerfield Propellants and Combustion Graduate Award||$1,250||01 October to 31 January|
|Gordon C. Oates Air Breathing Propulsion Graduate Award||$1,000||01 October to 31 January|
|William T. Piper, Sr. General Aviation Systems Graduate Award||$1,500||01 October to 31 January|
AIAA Judging for Scholarships:
- Judging for AIAA Foundation-sponsored awards and scholarships is done by the Scholarship Selection Subcommittee of the Student Activities Committee.
- Judging for Section or Technical Committee-sponsored awards and scholarships is done by sponsoring Technical Committees or Sections
- All decisions made by the scholarship selection committees are final.
- If a selection committee determines there is not a qualified applicant for a particular year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- Plagiarism – any essay responses or collateral materials should be the original work of the applicant. Any portion of an application that is found to be plagiarized will disqualify the application from any further review
- Online application form opens at 12:00 p.m. EST, 1 October
- Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST, 31 January
- All transcripts must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, 31 January